11 Oct 2014
Bostik, leading adhesives specialist, recently inaugurated its new R&D Centre - the Bostik Smart Technology Centre - in Venette, located near Paris.
"This world-class R&D centre - alongside its counterparts in Milwaukee in the United States, and Shanghai, China - strengthens our global research and development capacities," declared Bostik Chairman and CEO Bernard Pinatel at the opening ceremony. "These centres are innovation-driven and focus on developing smart adhesives."
"Bostik has created a centre of excellence for adhesive materials," added Mr. Pinatel, "located in an environment where innovation is stimulated by the joint presence of businesses, universities and the regional research cluster on bio-based chemicals."
A showcase for Bostik's technology and expertise
The R&D Centre encompasses three different types of activity:
- Upstream R&D to deepen knowledge of materials and develop new polymers for smart adhesives, especially in polyurethanes, polyesters and silyl-modified polymers.
- Downstream R&D to develop innovative adhesives based, in particular, on two core Bostik technologies - hot melt adhesives and elastic adhesives made from reactive elastomers.
- Pilot demonstrators designed to test the application of bonding solutions in full-scale simulations.
This research enables Bostik to develop innovative solutions for the company's various markets - industrial, construction and consumer adhesives.
The Bostik Smart Technology Centre was designed to facilitate collaboration and foster an open-minded approach, perfectly illustrating many of the company's values, including team spirit and change.
Facts & Figures
- Property surface area: 20,000 square meters
- Building surface area: 5,100 square meters
- Sustainable construction: built according to low energy consumption standards
- Maximum capacity: 150 employees
- Current workforce: 105 employees
- 30% of new hires in R&D since 2011
- Total investment: €12 million