A Chain Drive is ideal in many Industrial Applications.
Available from stock 6mm - 8mm - 3/8" - 1/2" - 5/8" - 3/4" - 1" - 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" and 2" Pitch
- British (BS) and American (ANSI) Standard Roller Chain in Simplex, Duplex and Triplex in St/Steel, Zinc and Nickel Plate.
- Sprockets in Pilot Bore or Taper Lock.
- Connecting Links - Conn/Crank/Half Link
- Fitting and Splitting tools
The advantages are:-
- Efficiency, can reach 98% on a well designed drive, due to the small amount of energy lost by friction.
- Positive and continuous drive - perfect continuity of movement as several teeth are simultaneously engaged.
- Flexibility, the chain is slightly flexible due to the film of oil between the joints. This allows for slight shocks in the drive which are absorbed.
- No additional load on bearings, unlike belts, initial tensioning is not required to obtain grip, therefore only the tangential load is taken into account when calculating the load on the bearings.
- Reduced space requirements, the chain is much narrower than other modes of drive for equal transmitted power, also sprocket diameters can be smaller than belt pulleys.
- Free choice of distances between centers, with the ability to vary over very wide limits
- Insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity