Ready Set Fasteners
Alligator Ready Set Staple Fastener System
The Alligator Ready Set Staple Fastener System features strips which are one piece with pre-inserted staples. This system reduces installation time by taking away the requirement to handle and load individual staples.
Simply fit the fastener strip onto the belt ends and secure with the special installation tool for a strong, dependable splice. This fastener is designed for belts from 1/16" (1.5mm) to 1/4" (6.4mm). The only tools required are a hammer and the lightweight RSC187 installation tool which is available on it's own or as part of a kit.
The result of using the Ready Set staple fastener system is a strong splice that resists impact damage, as well as a smooth, unrippled joint that simplifies hinge pin insertion. Due to it's design of extended plates, which seperates the point of staple penetration from the line of belt flexing you can be sure that maintenance will not have to be carried out too regularly.
With pre-inserted staples and a one-piece strip design, Alligator® Ready Set™ makes splicing quick and easy.
Features and Benefits:
- Strong and impact-resistant splice
- Abrasion resistant splice
- The front edge of the fastener is beveled to allow it to interface smoothly with conveyor components
- Available in steel, stainless steel, MegAlloy® and magnetic stainless
- Package and baggage handling, cased goods, parts, food and agricultural products
- Belts from 1/16” – 1/4” (1.5 – 6.4 mm) thick, with mechanical fastener ratings up to 200 P.I.W. (35 kN/m) and minimum pulley diameters from 2” – 4” (50 - 102 mm)
Hinge Pin Selection
- (NC) Nylon Covered - Reduces corrosion and simplifies pin insertion
- (NCS) Nylon Covered Stainless Steel Cable - For greater corrosion resistance
- (SP) Steel Spring Wire - For flat belt conveyors carrying avrasive or gritty materials
- (SS) Stainless Steel Spring Wire - For use with Stainless steel fasteners
Tools and Accessories
Ready Set Tool kit
Everything needed to install Alligator Ready Set Fastener Systems, in a lightweight, easy-to-carry toolbox.
This unit includes
RSC187 Installation Tool
Staple Set Plate
Available in 6" or 12"widths
RSC187 Installation Tool
Holds fasteners securely in proper alignment and guides staples as they are driven. Install two staples simultaneously for fast and simple splicing. Also provides a solid anvil surface for initial staple clinching.
The RSC187 comes complete with guide blocks and driver. Standard tool can be used to install all three fastener sizes. Also available in sizes to match a variety of belt widths. Wider tools are available for production lacing and fabrication shop requirements
Staple Setting Plate
Use the Alligator staple setting plate to achieve a smooth, finished splice. Heat-treated steel plate puts the finishing set on staples. Features countersunk bolt holes for easy mounting
Hinge Pin Cutters
Cuts bulk hinge pin cable quickly and easily. Provides a clean cut with no frayed ends.
Hinge pin Retaining Washers
Retaining washers prevent migration of nylon-covered cable hinge pins. Check hinge pins frequently during the first few hours of operation to determine whether migration is a problem in your application
Rough-Top Belt Skiver
Durable, hand-operated tool for quick and clean removal of rough top from light - medium duty belting.
Permits lower fastener installation to minimise splice profile
Ready Set Staple Guide Blocks
It is easy to convert the standard C187 Alligator staple installation tool to Alligator ready set staples. Simply replace standard guide blocks with the ST5-5 staple guide blocks